Simple and Easy Orange cake with Chocolate heavenliness!!!
I believe Orange and Chocolate combined is one of the heavenliest tastes i have ever encountered. The orange stimulates and provides freshness and good chocolate is orgasmic. My boyfriend was on his way back from work and it was a warm rainy day. I just needed to have somethin special with our evening cup of coffee:) So i quickly whipped up this luscious piece of divinity! Hope you all enjoy too!
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
A pinch of salt
1/4 cup sugar
4 tablespoons butter
A dash of milk
Chocolate chips ( Nestle Tollhouse semi sweet/ sweet chips....trust me they are gold)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Melt the butter and add sugar into it. Stir. Add milk.
lightly to make orange rind. Add rind to mixture above.
4. Chop orange into tiny bits and blend in blender. Add this orange juice to butter and sugar.
Keep 2 tablespoons orange juice aside for glaze.
5. Add egg yolk to the wet ingredients and separate out egg white.
6. In a separate bowl , add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
7. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and blend slowly.
8. Whisk egg white to obtain stiff peaks.
9. Fold egg whites slowly into cake mixture.
10. Grease a baking pan and add in cake mix.
11. Bake for 30 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the cake mix. If it comes out clean, its done:)
12. Remove from oven and let it cool a bit.
13. Meanwhile, in a bowl add in chocolate chips and left over orange juice.
Microwave for about 2 minutes on medium and keep stirring. Leave the melted chocolate out
for about 15-20 minutes so that it can thicken.
14. When ready to eat, pour chocolate glaze over warm cake and stuff yourself with this yummy heavenly delight.
I am so bad at taking photographs but this is the best i could do :) I hope everyone likes it.